Saturday, February 19, 2011

Somehow or another Billy Joel must have written this about my daughter....

 (From February 2010)

It's not a huge surprise that this song is one of my favorites of all time and my 2nd favorite by Mr. Joel. However, the more I learn about my daughter; the more time I spend in her awesome presence; the more clear her heart becomes to me, the more this song seems to be hand picked for her.

She’s got a way about her
I don’t know what it is
But I know that I can’t live without her
................
She’s got a smile that heals me
I don’t know what it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me
She’s got a way of talkin’
I don’t know why it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin’ anywhere
.......................
She comes to me when I’m feelin’ down
Inspires me without a sound
....And I find the strength to keep on goin’
She’s got a light around her
And everywhere she goes a million
Dreams of love surround her everywhere

She comes to me when I’m feeling down
Inspires me without a sound
....................

She's just "The Girl". A million dreams of love surround her. Sometimes I wonder if she knows what she does to her dad and I. She is so inspiring, her smile, her laugh, her soul. From the time I held her little 20 oz body in my arms I knew this one was special. There was some overtime put in to this development of a beautiful girl. Sometimes I catch myself saying "When I grow up I want to be like my little girl." Leave me to my dream.... It works in my head....

I am so interested in finding a way to encourage/continue to encourage the light in her. I know the day might come where her imperfections shine through in ways that make my heart fall apart. I hope that I can remember these times with her and the day I realized a fantastic songwriter put my thoughts in to a melody.

She sure has a way............

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs