Monday, February 22, 2010

I can't choose!!!! Can you???

Tomorrow is our design center appointment to choose the finishes on our home.  I am SO confident in 99.9% of my choices.  I cannot be swayed to change them.  I love the choices.  It's my dream kitchen.  BUT- something I am obsessed with- BACK SPLASH!  I feel like it's lipstick.  No one says you/I have to wear it, but it's a nice finishing touch! 

Here are the basics of the kitchen (cabinets, counters, floors):


SO, the 2 last backsplash options:

 

So, the left is a pale gray glass subway and the right is a white subway.  
I question the "longevity" of a glass tile as it seems to have just come on the scene lately.  However, a subway pattern is about as "classic" as it gets.  SO.. I feel like it will last.  However, I love a white subway tile.  However, I don't feel confident about the two whites together. I do plan on implementing more gray based colors, so I am not worried about a yellow based color not "going" with my kitchen.  There will be ALOT of board and batten around, lots of shiny things.  Lots of sand.  Lots of earthy/coastal elements.  Am I at the ocean?  No silly!  BUT, I have the awesome rustic beauty of the Colorado Rocky Mountains in my backyard, just gotta step outside.  SO, it feels right to implement my first love/other love.  Mother Nature at her finest- ocean.  Anyhow.... back to back splash....  I don't have a million choices with the builder.  So, of course, the 3rd choice is to do NO splash and do my own thing later on.  Which may or may not include a calcutta marble in a subway pattern!!! SWOON!

Thoughts???  What would YOU choose!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Is the top one gray and white or just all gray? I can't tell.
    I think both would be gorgeous, but I think I'd go for the white.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs